Ayurvedic detoxification is one of the main methods of treating diseases. The program comprises of bespoke treatments.
Cleansing procedures will be selected according to the nature and stage of disease, individual’s strength and the season. The treatment program will vary from person to person and might be adjusted according to the individual’s response to treatment. The program consists of a series of treatments, which are applied over a period of time. Once the treatment program is designed, the diet as well as rest should be strictly regulated.
- Ayurvedic Consultation - a complete Ayurvedic consultation assessment including a pulse evaluation & complete body check up.
- Massages (abhyanga) - rejuvenating Ayurvedic massage is given with highly specialized medicated oils carefully chosen for your body type and health issues, or special weight loss Ayurvedic massage (if prescribed).
- Herbal steam bath (swedana) - medicated herbal steam bath opens the pores, flushes and cleanses the system through the skin. It is usually very effective when taken after Ayurvedic massage.
- Purgation (virechana) - medicated purgation therapy removes toxins from the body that are accumulated in the small intestine, liver and gallbladder. It is a safe procedure and it completely cleanses the gastro-intestinal tract.
- Colonic therapy (basti) - according to Ayurvedic wisdom, enema is said to contribute 50% of benefits of all detoxification procedures. While it directly effects the colon it is not a localized or symptomatic treatment, it is rather utilized because of its vital link with all of the other organs and tissues. Consequently, enemas have a wide-ranging influence in the body.
- Internal oleation (snehana) – oleation stimulates secretions in the tissues which start to liquefy the glutinous toxins deposited there. The herbs used during this procedure not only help the oil to dislodge toxic waste products but also encourages the tissues to expel the oil.
- Treatment pertaining to the head region (nasya) - cleansing of the sinus passages and breathing channels, assisting in the removal of accumulated mucus in the head region using steam and herbal oil. This treatment starts with a short face massage using oil matching your constitution. Steam is then applied to your face for deeper penetration of the oil and diluting the channels. The treatment will end with administration of drops of oil in each nostril. A series of this treatment is recommended for even more pronounced results.
- Medicated Wraps - our skin is our largest organ of detoxification. The medicated wraps help the skin to perform its various functions efficiently, whether it is allowing toxins to be released from the body or nourishment to be absorbed by the tissues. Wraps cleanse metabolic wastes and environmental poisons from the body, invigorate and energize the mind and body, promote weight loss, stimulate circulation, reduce cellulite and provide support with more chronic health conditions e.g. physical pain and aches, muscular-skeletal issues etc. Wraps leave behind a dynamic reservoir of energy - invigorating and energizing your mind and body!
- Life coaching - you will be provided with information on healthy eating, together with recipes to ensure you feel confident to prepare a range of healthy and appetizing meals, learn how to improve digestion, regulate appetite and implement Ayurvedic principles in your daily life. You will also be guided on how to administer your own Ayurvedic body massage and post-detoxification health and wellness program for healthy living.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!
Reviewer: Lloyd Manchester
The detox programme I did with Anna left me feeling like a new man. I feel cleaner, healthier and understand more about how to keep myself in better health.